TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration
The TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration Flight, also referred to as Business Office strives to provide exceptional administrative support services to assist beneficiaries with their healthcare needs. The Business Office provides the following services and programs:
- Patient registration
- In- and out-processing
- Line of Duty determinations
- Outpatient records and release of information
- Beneficiary counseling assistance
- Debt collection and claims assistance
- Referral management
- Medical Evaluations Boards
- Patient travel
- Primary care manager change requests
Beneficiaries can contact us by visiting the Business Office at the El Segundo Clinic or by calling 310-653-6866. Beneficiaries should contact Health Net Federal Services at 844-866-9378 or visit the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal to:
- Enroll into a TRICARE plan or transfer enrollment to the 61 MDS
- View eligibility and deductible
- Make enrollment payment
- Check on claim status
- View covered benefits, copayments and cost shares
- Check on referral authorizations
- Find provider and view network and non-network provider directory
The Outpatient Records Department is responsible for managing and safeguarding medical records for all patients assigned to the 61 MDS. The Release of Information section provides copies of medical records to patients and other agencies upon request. Routine record requests will be completed within 20 working days. Upon receipt of a member’s PCS orders, the complete medical record will be mailed to the member's gaining military treatment facility. If an active duty member retires or separates, the medical and dental record is sent to the Service Treatment Record Cell located in San Antonio, Texas. The Referral Management Center processes patient specialty referrals requested by the military treatment facility primary care manager. The RMC will route your referral to the requested specialty within the MTF or to Health Net Federal Services for treatment by an off-base specialist.
- It is important to keep your DEERS information up to date (e.g. home address, e-mail, phone numbers, dependent information etc.). You can call 800-583-9552 or visit DEERS for assistance.
- You can contact Health Net Federal Services for any referral related questions by calling 844-866-WEST (9378) or visit the MHS GENESIS to view your authorization.
- Please have the network specialist fax your results to the Referral Management Center at 310-653-6453.
In some cases, we can also refer our patients to nearby MTFs for services that we cannot accommodate.